Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Off to sleep soon...

I'm about done for the night, and off to bed. Nothing else has really changed with Peanut today. We had a student nurse in there today though. It was slightly annoying, she has a really heavy accent, somewhat lack of English, but I can tell she's brand new! And having done a job in the public service world, I know how hard it is to start off. It's scary, unnerving, and very overwhelming. So, I'm not going to worry about it too much.

She also had a girl come in and do music therapy. It was nice, except Peanut didn't like any of the hand held instruments she brought in, wants her own instrument at home, and doesn't stop talking long enough to listen to things. She really does beat to her own drum. But it was a nice little break. She also took a nap this afternoon and was off oxygen for about 1/2 of it. Eventually I had to put her on oxygen, but like 2-3 liters, she was dropping into the 80's. But still, not too bad.

When I left there, her and Daddy were settling in the watch Cars. Then she would be getting all her breathing treatments around 9, and off to sleep. So, when I talked to hubby around 9:45, he said she'd been fine, sleeping for about 30 minutes. Hopefully there will not be a repeat of last night's issues. Although I did tell him that he should bring up his concerns with the nursing supervisor. A friend of mine told me about all of that. Plus, we usually have someone from admin, higher up, stop in to see how things have been, so if they do, we'll voice our concerns then.

Anyway, I reallllllyyyy....... hope we're coming home soon! I honestly never expected it to be this long when we went in there last Friday night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment